Article by Elliot Dodd
James Milner is set to make an appearance on the bench against Dynamo Kiev tomorrow after recovering from a hamstring injury, as City attempt to overcome the 2-0 deficit and progress in to the last 16 of the Europa League.
The winger has struggled to find games since the end of January making only four appearances as he has been battling with his persistent injury. However the 25 year-old returned to training this week but is still not fully fit.
Roberto Mancini is taking a gamble on featuring Milner in the squad saying “James is not 100 per cent but he has worked with us for the past week and probably he can go on the bench tomorrow.”
More good news as Nigel De Jong may also be involved after ankle problems experienced last month and towards the end of the FA cup victory over Reading. Mancini commenting on this said “Nigel, after Reading, I hope is feeling very good. He had a problem with his ankle.”
However Mancini believes it will be too much of a gamble to play Adam Johnson tomorrow night. “It would be very difficult for him to play,” but added “maybe it is better for him and us that he continues to work.”
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s