Jay Jay Okocha feels City defender Nedum Onouha may regret his decision not to play for Nigeria and hold out for an England call.
The former Bolton midfielder, who won 75 caps for Nigeria, claims that playing for Nigeria would have given Onouha the chance to appear at the World Cup. “If I were him I would jump at the chance of playing for Nigeria rather than beg for an England shirt.”
The defender hadn’t decided on his international future prior to speaking to national manager Lars Lagerback in April and it has led to the Swede leaving Onouha out of his provision al world Cup squad, with England boss Fabio Capello also overlooking the young City defender.
Onuoha is eligible to play for Nigeria despite playing for England Under 21’s as the defender has not yet made an appearance for the senior team.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?