Jay Jay Okocha feels City defender Nedum Onouha may regret his decision not to play for Nigeria and hold out for an England call.
The former Bolton midfielder, who won 75 caps for Nigeria, claims that playing for Nigeria would have given Onouha the chance to appear at the World Cup. “If I were him I would jump at the chance of playing for Nigeria rather than beg for an England shirt.”
The defender hadn’t decided on his international future prior to speaking to national manager Lars Lagerback in April and it has led to the Swede leaving Onouha out of his provision al world Cup squad, with England boss Fabio Capello also overlooking the young City defender.
Onuoha is eligible to play for Nigeria despite playing for England Under 21’s as the defender has not yet made an appearance for the senior team.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash