Jay Jay Okocha feels City defender Nedum Onouha may regret his decision not to play for Nigeria and hold out for an England call.
The former Bolton midfielder, who won 75 caps for Nigeria, claims that playing for Nigeria would have given Onouha the chance to appear at the World Cup. “If I were him I would jump at the chance of playing for Nigeria rather than beg for an England shirt.”
The defender hadn’t decided on his international future prior to speaking to national manager Lars Lagerback in April and it has led to the Swede leaving Onouha out of his provision al world Cup squad, with England boss Fabio Capello also overlooking the young City defender.
Onuoha is eligible to play for Nigeria despite playing for England Under 21’s as the defender has not yet made an appearance for the senior team.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville