Fresh from our apparent bid for James Milner and David Luiz, the blues have now been linked with a new target: Yoann Gourcuff.
The French international currently plays for Bordeaux and comes with a piece tag of £25m. The 23 year old playmaker has made 28 appearances for the French side, scoring 6 goals and is expected to be given a starting spot in the French World Cup team at this summer’s finals.
If the blues do decide to make a bid for the player, they face stiff competition from Premier League rivals Arsenal and Champions League semi-finalist Lyon for his signature. The Gunners see the midfielder as an ideal replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who has continually been rumoured to be joining Barcelona during the summer, while Lyon have not hidden the fact that they are interested in Gourcuff.
How many more player will be linked to the blues before the transfer window closes? Answers on a postcard please.
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?