Fresh from our apparent bid for James Milner and David Luiz, the blues have now been linked with a new target: Yoann Gourcuff.
The French international currently plays for Bordeaux and comes with a piece tag of £25m. The 23 year old playmaker has made 28 appearances for the French side, scoring 6 goals and is expected to be given a starting spot in the French World Cup team at this summer’s finals.
If the blues do decide to make a bid for the player, they face stiff competition from Premier League rivals Arsenal and Champions League semi-finalist Lyon for his signature. The Gunners see the midfielder as an ideal replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who has continually been rumoured to be joining Barcelona during the summer, while Lyon have not hidden the fact that they are interested in Gourcuff.
How many more player will be linked to the blues before the transfer window closes? Answers on a postcard please.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?