Fresh from our apparent bid for James Milner and David Luiz, the blues have now been linked with a new target: Yoann Gourcuff.
The French international currently plays for Bordeaux and comes with a piece tag of £25m. The 23 year old playmaker has made 28 appearances for the French side, scoring 6 goals and is expected to be given a starting spot in the French World Cup team at this summer’s finals.
If the blues do decide to make a bid for the player, they face stiff competition from Premier League rivals Arsenal and Champions League semi-finalist Lyon for his signature. The Gunners see the midfielder as an ideal replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who has continually been rumoured to be joining Barcelona during the summer, while Lyon have not hidden the fact that they are interested in Gourcuff.
How many more player will be linked to the blues before the transfer window closes? Answers on a postcard please.
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion