City star Vincent Kompany has urged their team-mates to follow up their fine win at Fulham by beating Stoke on Saturday.
The blues were 3-0 up at half time against Mark Hughes’ Cottagers and went on to record their biggest away win of the season so far with a 4-1 win and Kompany wants the blues to continue their fine away form this season.
However, Kompany admits that it won’t be easy at Stoke and knows the blues will have to battle if they are to record their fifth away win if the season. “We’ll be prepared because Stoke gave us a number of tough encounters last season and they were up the challenge each time. They are also on a good run of form at present so it will be a real test, but if we play to our maximum in defence, midfield and attack we are a match for any team.”
But Kompany also sees the potential in the growing City side and says if the blues continue with the same mentality as that displayed at Craven Cottage, they will have a very good season. “We’ve had some good performances this season but this was of a very high standard, but this is the level we need to match the heights we reached last Sunday every time we play and for the rest of the season.
And the Belgian international admits the team must give their best in every game. “We can’t slip or only perform the way we did against Fulham every now and then – we need to be consistent until the last kick of the season.
City sit just three points behind joint leaders Chelsea and Chelsea and victory at the Britannia Stadium will not only mean keeping place with the top clubs but underline City’s ambition to crack the top four this season.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities