It seems like Brazilian misfit Robinho will get his wish and leave Eastlands during the summer and Barcelona is looking his likely destination.
It was rumoured last autumn that the Spanish giants were looking to take him on loan during the January transfer window, but their interest cooled considerably as the transfer window grew closer and Robinho made his escape from Eastlands by joining Santos on loan.
And with rumours that the Brazilian, or rather his advisors, will tell the blues that he doesn’t want to return, it is probable he will be used as a makeweight for either Zlatan Ibrahimovich or Yaya Toure.
Roberto Mancini has made no secret of the fact that he would like to see Ibrahimovich at Eastlands. He know the player well after coaching him at Inter Milan and the Swede could be the ideal partner for last season’s top scorer Carlos Tevez as City plan to crack the top four next season. Although he has been referred to as lazy, Ibrahimovich scored 16 goals in 29 league games last season and 57 from 88 appearances two seasons ago with Inter Milan.
Toure has been a long term target for City but has also been earmarked by Arsenal as a replacement for Barca bound Cesc Fabregas. Reports from Spain have indicated Kolo’s brother could already be set for a move to Eastlands and by offering Robinho in exchange could be enough to persuade to Spaniards to part with the man who’s agent says he is the ‘best in the world in his position.’
Which of the two would you prefer to see in a City shirt? Should the blues sign both? Let us know your thoughts.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement