Blue meets red as Manchester’s two clubs clash at Eastlands, with both eager for points to boost their relevant campaigns.
City will be looking for the win which will keep them in fourth place ahead of Spurs while United are sitting in second place attempting to keep pace with leaders Chelsea. The two clubs meet for the fourth time this season with United winning two and City one.
City have hit form at just the right time and have scored 14 goals in their last three games, while United seem to be stuttering towards the end of the season.
A win for City will be their fifth in the Premier League over United at Eastlands while the reds will take their tally to eight at Eastlands with victory.
Wayne Bridge could make a return at left back following a five match absence and the blues have also been boosted by the return to fitness of Stephen Ireland and Patrick Vieira, while Pablo Zabaleta is also available following his two match suspension.
Michael Johnson and Martin Petrov are still out with knee injuries while Joleon Lescott is struggling with a hamstring problem.
United hope to have Wayne Rooney available following an ankle injury, while Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand are both doubtful through injury, but Wes Brown, Nani and Michael Owen are definitely out.
Form (Last Five):
Referee: Steve Bennett
OTBM Prediction: City 3-2 United
Another tight game that the blues will edge.
- Big blow for Man City – Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta confident of Messi stay
- Guardiola lays down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto
- Ederson stakes claim: I’m the best penalty taker at Man City
- Pep rules out including academy players against Porto
- Pep Guardiola: Joao Cancelo has made an incredible impact this season
- Stones leapfrogs Garcia in Man City’s defensive order
- Gabriel Jesus happy to give up records for European success with Man City
- Guardiola rejects any idea of resting players
- Riyad Mahrez admits City’s woes in front of goal have been frustrating
- Txiki Begiristain: We are really happy with Pep’s commitment