Not going to mince words over this one. Against Wigan tonight, we must show superiority from the start.
All season, Wigan have struggled which is why they are only four points clear of the relegation zone. In comparison, City have been in the top half of the table all season, rarely, if at all going below seventh in the league.
It is quite obvious that we are performing to a better standard than Wigan and that has got to be translated onto the pitch tonight. We cannot afford to lose any points, particularly to a team that is languishing close to the relegation trap door.
Wigan will come to Eastlands tonight as desperate for points as City will be, but they may choose to use similar tactics that provided success for Stoke and Everton. But the blues need to rise above it and put Wigan in their place. Spurs beat this team 9-1 at White Hart Lane and I’m not naïve enough to think we could get a similar scoreline.
But we have the players and the talent to put this game beyond Wigan’s reach early and it’s high time we used them.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?