That’s the message to Stephen Ireland, who has been warned to change his head if he is to have any sort of future at Eastlands.
Manager Roberto Mancini has revealed he has had talks with Ireland regarding the star’s career and more talks are planned. “We must speak again soon,” said Mancini before adding “Stephen is a fantastic player.”
Ireland had an indifferent season last term, which was in stark comparison to the previous year, during which he was outstanding. “If he can change his head I think he can start to play like he did in the 2008-09 season again,” said the Italian.
Ireland has also not played for the Republic of Ireland since he fabricated a story to allow him to pull out from a game against the Czech Republic and has not since featured for the national side.
With Mancini being linked to a host of talent across Europe, Ireland needs to regain some of his form and mental attitude if he wants his City career to continue or face being forced out of the club.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?