That’s the message to Stephen Ireland, who has been warned to change his head if he is to have any sort of future at Eastlands.
Manager Roberto Mancini has revealed he has had talks with Ireland regarding the star’s career and more talks are planned. “We must speak again soon,” said Mancini before adding “Stephen is a fantastic player.”
Ireland had an indifferent season last term, which was in stark comparison to the previous year, during which he was outstanding. “If he can change his head I think he can start to play like he did in the 2008-09 season again,” said the Italian.
Ireland has also not played for the Republic of Ireland since he fabricated a story to allow him to pull out from a game against the Czech Republic and has not since featured for the national side.
With Mancini being linked to a host of talent across Europe, Ireland needs to regain some of his form and mental attitude if he wants his City career to continue or face being forced out of the club.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement