Roberto Mancini has said he is pleased with City’s progress but admits he needs another six months to mould his team.
The blues sit in fourth place in the Premiership after two straight wins over Wigan and Chelsea and face Juventus in the second round of the Europa League on Thursday. But Mancini says there is a lot of work to do before they can win some silverware.
“I think we can create a special team in six months. We must start winning consistently. That is important,” said the boss as he prepares his team for the home clash with the Italians, who Mancini says he supported as a child. “I was a huge fan for years when I was a child so I have great respect for the club and the players. It will be a special match as it is the first time I am coaching an English team against Juventus.”
Former Juve midfielder Patrick Vieira will be hoping for a game against his former club. The former Arsenal man, who arrived from Juve in January 2009 admits he is frustrated at his lack of opportunities in the first team. “It has been frustrating. Like everyone else I want to play more often and be more involved.”
But Vieira believes City are becoming the team to fear after beating both Chelsea and Liverpool already this season. “That just shows how strong we are. There is still a long way to go but we believe in ourselves. We know how good we are. Now we have to win games week in, week out.”
What do you think? Will Mancini have an accomplished team in six months? Let us know your thoughts.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?