Tottenham are reportedly planning an audacious swoop for two of City’s stars during the summer.
Craig Bellamy and Micah Richards are high on Harry Redknapp’s shopping list as the Spurs manager prepares for a possible assault on the Champions League.
Bellamy was a target for Redknapp during the January transfer window in 2009, but opted to move north to join Mark Hughes’s blue revolution. But since Hughes’ sacking in December, Bellamy has allegedly had a series of bust-ups with the City hierarchy and may be one of the first out of the Eastlands exit door.
Richards burst onto the scene during an FA Cup tie at Aston Villa in 2006, when he scored a last minute equaliser for the blues before swearing during a live interview after the game on the BBC.
His performances earned him an England call but his form soon dipped and Richards has now found himself out of the reckoning. The defender career has been on the line ever since and he did nothing to endear himself to the City hierarchy during the summer when he mistook a bout of swine flu for alcohol poisoning.
With City looking to re-build their own squad during the summer, Mancini may feel that the pair have had their time at Eastlands and would be more than ready to part with them.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?