City take on Birmingham in the final game of the weekend and with Spurs not playing Arsenal until Wednesday, it is a golden opportunity to consolidate fourth place and keep the pressure on the chasing pack to keep up.
Pablo Zabaleta will sit out the game as he serves the final match of his suspension while Micah Richards and Sylvinho are doubtful due to knee and calf injuries respectively.
Definitely out are Joleon Lescott, Martin Petrov and Michael Johnson, while Wayne Bridge and Stephen Ireland also miss the game through injury.
Lee Carsley is still out with an ankle injury for Birmingham. Defender David Murphy and Striker Garry O’Connor are also out injured while Joe Hart is unavailable to play against his employers, meaning Maik Taylor will deputise.
Manchester City (from): Given, Nielsen, Richards, Zabaleta, Toure, Boyata, Kompany, Garrido, Sylvinho, Onuoha, Wright-Phillips, Bellamy, Barry, Vieira, De Jong, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Ibrahim.
Birmingham (from): Taylor, Carr, Parnaby, Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell, Gardner, Larsson, Ferguson, Bowyer, Michel, Fahey, McFadden, Jerome, Benitez, Phillips, Tainio, Doyle.
League Form (Last Five):
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: City 4-0 Birmingham
Another high scoring game resulting in another three points for the blues. Feeling confident after predicting the Wigan score spot on.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?