City take on Birmingham in the final game of the weekend and with Spurs not playing Arsenal until Wednesday, it is a golden opportunity to consolidate fourth place and keep the pressure on the chasing pack to keep up.
Pablo Zabaleta will sit out the game as he serves the final match of his suspension while Micah Richards and Sylvinho are doubtful due to knee and calf injuries respectively.
Definitely out are Joleon Lescott, Martin Petrov and Michael Johnson, while Wayne Bridge and Stephen Ireland also miss the game through injury.
Lee Carsley is still out with an ankle injury for Birmingham. Defender David Murphy and Striker Garry O’Connor are also out injured while Joe Hart is unavailable to play against his employers, meaning Maik Taylor will deputise.
Manchester City (from): Given, Nielsen, Richards, Zabaleta, Toure, Boyata, Kompany, Garrido, Sylvinho, Onuoha, Wright-Phillips, Bellamy, Barry, Vieira, De Jong, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Ibrahim.
Birmingham (from): Taylor, Carr, Parnaby, Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell, Gardner, Larsson, Ferguson, Bowyer, Michel, Fahey, McFadden, Jerome, Benitez, Phillips, Tainio, Doyle.
League Form (Last Five):
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: City 4-0 Birmingham
Another high scoring game resulting in another three points for the blues. Feeling confident after predicting the Wigan score spot on.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash