City will aim to close the gap on Spurs when they entertain Wigan on Monday evening.
Victory for the blues will move them to within two points of the London club and one point clear of Liverpool, who regained fifth place with a 3-0 win over Sunderland on Sunday. City will also be looking to erase the memory of last Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat at home to Everton which meant the blues missed out on overtaking Spurs in fourth.
The blues welcome back Emmanuel Adebayor following the completion of his four match ban for his sending off at Stoke. Stephen Ireland is a doubt for the blues with a shin injury, while Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Michael Johnson and Martin Petrov are all sidelined through injury.
Wigan are just four points clear of the relegation zone but will go into the game having lost only one of four meetings in the Premier League. In their last game, Wigan needed three minutes of injury time to break the deadlock against fellow strugglers Burnley.
The Latics have virtually a full strength squad to select from. Only Emmerson Boyce and Charles N’Zogbia are doubtful through injury.
League Form (Last Five)
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: City 3-0 Wigan
Traditionally, this fixture has ended 1-0 but City will change that tonight with a comprehensive victory.
- Guardiola rules out new January signings
- Pep Guardiola : Sergio Aguero impacted hard by death of former father-in-law Diego Maradona
- Guardiola on City’s goal scoring – We’ll get what we deserve
- Eric Bailly admits to snubbing City after Mourinho call
- Burnley’s injury concerns a boost for Man City
- Man City face competition from Chelsea for Barcelona superstar
- Javier Tebas takes aim at Man City… again
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities