City will aim to close the gap on Spurs when they entertain Wigan on Monday evening.
Victory for the blues will move them to within two points of the London club and one point clear of Liverpool, who regained fifth place with a 3-0 win over Sunderland on Sunday. City will also be looking to erase the memory of last Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat at home to Everton which meant the blues missed out on overtaking Spurs in fourth.
The blues welcome back Emmanuel Adebayor following the completion of his four match ban for his sending off at Stoke. Stephen Ireland is a doubt for the blues with a shin injury, while Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Michael Johnson and Martin Petrov are all sidelined through injury.
Wigan are just four points clear of the relegation zone but will go into the game having lost only one of four meetings in the Premier League. In their last game, Wigan needed three minutes of injury time to break the deadlock against fellow strugglers Burnley.
The Latics have virtually a full strength squad to select from. Only Emmerson Boyce and Charles N’Zogbia are doubtful through injury.
League Form (Last Five)
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: City 3-0 Wigan
Traditionally, this fixture has ended 1-0 but City will change that tonight with a comprehensive victory.
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund