City will aim to close the gap on Spurs when they entertain Wigan on Monday evening.
Victory for the blues will move them to within two points of the London club and one point clear of Liverpool, who regained fifth place with a 3-0 win over Sunderland on Sunday. City will also be looking to erase the memory of last Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat at home to Everton which meant the blues missed out on overtaking Spurs in fourth.
The blues welcome back Emmanuel Adebayor following the completion of his four match ban for his sending off at Stoke. Stephen Ireland is a doubt for the blues with a shin injury, while Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Michael Johnson and Martin Petrov are all sidelined through injury.
Wigan are just four points clear of the relegation zone but will go into the game having lost only one of four meetings in the Premier League. In their last game, Wigan needed three minutes of injury time to break the deadlock against fellow strugglers Burnley.
The Latics have virtually a full strength squad to select from. Only Emmerson Boyce and Charles N’Zogbia are doubtful through injury.
League Form (Last Five)
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: City 3-0 Wigan
Traditionally, this fixture has ended 1-0 but City will change that tonight with a comprehensive victory.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season