City go to Fulham eager to make ground on Spurs who are now sitting five points clear of the blues in fourth after their 2-1 win at Stoke on Saturday. Liverpool, who are one point ahead of City in fifth, travel to Old Trafford looking to repeat last year’s impressive 4-1 win over United.
The blues go to Craven Cottage without striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who is in the middle of a four match suspension following his sending off against Stoke in the FA Cup. Also missing from the side are Michael Johnson and Martin Petrov, who are both out with knee injuries. Wayne Bridge is also sidelined with a hernia.
Bridge’s absence could give Javier Garrido the chance to impress at left back. The Spaniard was signed by former manager Sven Goran Eriksson in 2008 but his appearances in a blue shirt have been limited.
For Fulham, Andrew Johnson and John Pantsil are definitely out while former City man Dickson Etuhu and David Elm are doubtful for the game.
Possible Starting XI:
Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Hangeland, Hughes, Shorey, Davies, Murphy, Baird, Dempsey, Gera, Zamora.
Manchester City: Given, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Garrido, Wright-Phillips, Zabaleta, De Jong, Barry, Bellamy, Tevez
Danger Man: Bobby Zamora
The former Brighton man has scored 16 goals this season and is rapidly showing he is a handful for any defence.
League Form (Last Five):
Last Seasons Result:
Fulham 1-1 City
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: Fulham 1-3 City
Fulham will still be on a high after their midweek European win and City should take full advantage and bring them back to Earth
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement