It seems like not only are the blues are finishing the season with a flourish, but everyone around us seem to be allowing their season to implode. But from a blue point of view, it’s just simply brilliant.
Pole position but will Mancini stay?
The blues started the week in pole position for fourth place in the Premiership after Saturday’s demolition of Burnley, coupled with Spurs’ defeat at Sunderland and Liverpool’s draw with Birmingham but the news of the week seemed to surround Roberto Mancini. Again
First he was off the Juventus then he was committed to City. It’s all speculation with no base at the moment. No manager in their right mind would move right now, not with the season so close to finishing. However, 50% of supporters who have voted on OTBM regarding Mancini’s position say he has done enough to keep the City job with 40% saying we should judge at the end of the season. Personally, I think we should just give him the job now.
Oh Bayern we love you.
What a week it’s been for United and we’ve loved every minute of it. Beaten at home to Chelsea, surely the Champions League was their best hope of finishing the season on a high? Well, no not really thanks to Arjen Robben. Crap defending or not, that was a class finish and Bayern rightly went through.
With Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final on Saturday, United had an opportunity to overtake them at the top of the league and did they take it? Hmmm, no I think is the answer. A 0-0 draw at Blackburn left Chelsea on top with a game in hand.
Tut tut. Are the standards slipping at the Theatre of Crap?
Fourteen goals in three games? This is City right?
Six last week, five this week. Finally City are beginning to show their true potential. After the little blip against Everton, City have won all three of their following games convincingly. 3-0 against Wigan, 6-1 at Burnley and now 5-1 against Birmingham but not only that, we are now four points clear of Spurs and they face Arsenal next.
Mathematically, we can still catch Arsenal, but I wouldn’t be too bothered if the Gunners win at White Hart Lane on Wednesday. Liverpool look out of the race for fourth after failing to beat Fulham at Anfield. The scousers are now six points behind us and have an inferior goal difference.
All in all, another good week and looking forward to the derby on Saturday.
Have a good week people.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement