Beating Everton is always good but winning this evening’s game is so important for two reasons.
The first being the fact that we will move into fourth in the league, a point clear of Spurs and a step closer to European football next season. To have the chance to play Champions League football would not only justify the investment in the team from ADUG, but also be a fitting reward for the loyal support which have followed the team home and away this season.
Of course, we would have all preferred to have won a trophy to qualify for Europe but that will have to wait until next season.
The second reason is just so we can shove David Moyes criticism of the blues back down his throat. The Everton boss has been an outspoken critic of the blues and his gloating following his side’s 2-0 win over City at Goodison in January, together with his recent comments should be enough incentive for City to go out tonight and show them exactly why we are in the position we are.
Moyes’ problem is the fact that he cannot accept that his side, who have often been tipped to break the top four on a regular basis, have been usurped by the blues, who not only now stand a decent chance of being regular qualifiers for Europe but possible title contenders in a couple of years, something which Moyes knows he will never achieve at Everton.
We don’t only need a win tonight; we need a good win with a good solid performance that is going to show the rest of the Premiership that we are fourth and we intend to stay there.
Until next season when we finish higher.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?