Tonight’s UEFA Cup clash between City and Racing will determine whether the Blues can avoid facing a Champions League side in the first knock out round. City has already clinched advancement to the next stage and sits atop Group A with 7 points. However, Steve McLaren’s FC Twente sits a single point behind City and could jump the Blues for first place with a City loss or draw today. That would place City in the unenviable position of facing a Champions League third place team in the next stage.
City will be without Jo and Richard Dunne for this clash limiting Mark Hughes flexibility in submitting his team sheet. Irrespective of the City’s poor league form, winning a UEFA Cup group would be a signature achievement for Hughes so early in his tenure, especially when you consider the number of injuries the manager has had to contend with during this campaign. We’ll have full post game coverage after the match.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?