Tonight’s UEFA Cup clash between City and Racing will determine whether the Blues can avoid facing a Champions League side in the first knock out round. City has already clinched advancement to the next stage and sits atop Group A with 7 points. However, Steve McLaren’s FC Twente sits a single point behind City and could jump the Blues for first place with a City loss or draw today. That would place City in the unenviable position of facing a Champions League third place team in the next stage.
City will be without Jo and Richard Dunne for this clash limiting Mark Hughes flexibility in submitting his team sheet. Irrespective of the City’s poor league form, winning a UEFA Cup group would be a signature achievement for Hughes so early in his tenure, especially when you consider the number of injuries the manager has had to contend with during this campaign. We’ll have full post game coverage after the match.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement