Well was a long and memorable week, for me a long week of travel.
First over to the Spurs game and a great goal from the very man who denied City Champions league last year. Peter your a star. With one of the teams season goals reaching forth spot out of the way, City turned all attention to the F.A. Cup final.
Off down to London with me and what a day the build up was tense as both Man City and Stoke alike wondered how the match would unfold. It was to be a Man City victory with Yaya Toure man of the day in Wembley again, one goal between the two sides was enough to lift the cup. City were the better team on the day which was pointed out by Stoke manager Tony Pulis.
Sunday seen Arsenal mauled by Aston Villa from early on in the game. Villa held out as Arsenal tried desperately in vein to get back on leveling footing pushing City into a position of taking third spot with a win against F.A. Cup rivals Stoke City.
Flight back to Manchester for the last game of the season. City play football like their life depended on it two of the best from Tevez and they really were cracking goals, and a towering header from Lescott. Lescott has come in for flack in the past but he is getting stronger all the time and starting to look like the player he was at Everton. Was well happy that City kept a clean sheet a 3 nil up in the past City fans have watched them switch off and give away a soft goal spoiling
City are now in 3rd spot with a point advantage on Arsenal, now lets not get carried away last game of the season both teams play away City at Bolton and Arsenal at Fulham. Fulham would never roll over would they ? Remember Hughes would have a little laugh to himself I’m sure should Arsenal finish third. City can still finish 3rd even with an Arsenal win just beat Bolton simple at that and no team Owen Coyle manages would dare take to the pitch with defeat in their mind. Comes down to Sunday.
C’mon you Blues.
- Big blow for Man City – Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta confident of Messi stay
- Guardiola lays down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto
- Ederson stakes claim: I’m the best penalty taker at Man City
- Pep rules out including academy players against Porto
- Pep Guardiola: Joao Cancelo has made an incredible impact this season
- Stones leapfrogs Garcia in Man City’s defensive order
- Gabriel Jesus happy to give up records for European success with Man City
- Guardiola rejects any idea of resting players
- Riyad Mahrez admits City’s woes in front of goal have been frustrating
- Txiki Begiristain: We are really happy with Pep’s commitment