Adam Johnson and James Milner have teamed up with Cancer Research to produce a cancer awareness video aimed towards football supporters.
The City duo have helped produce a video along with the England Footballers Foundation which urges people to have possible signs of cancer checked out. You can check out the video by clicking here.
In the video, AJ and Milner talk about the importance of spotting cancer early and urging others to send a nudge to friends or family about the disease from former England striker Gary Lineker in the form of a new online application called Do Me A Favour.
This recently developed application will see Lineker call your friend by name, state where they live and mention the club they support, before encouraging them to spot the disease early. Cancer Research had one made for me as an example and it is very well done. You can see this here. and the more people that can be aware of cancer, the more can be saved from it. So if you want to potentially be a life save, send someone you know a personalised video. You can do this by clicking here.
Many people are afraid to get checked out, possibly through embarrassment and this applies to both men and women. For men, it is testicular and prostate checks and cervical cancer in women that is particularly embarrassing. But what’s worse? A little embarrassment or death? I know which one I’d choose.
Cancer doesn’t discriminate. It doesn’t care who it attacks. It could affect you or the person sitting next to you, their families or friends. In recent years, I have lost two family members to the disease. I’m not prepared to lose a third. I also don’t want to lose you as readers to something that can be prevented if spotted early.
So if next time you celebrate a goal at Eastlands and you can feel that lump you’ve had for a while but ignored it, swallow your pride and get it checked out. It could save your life.
- Wolves vs Manchester City preview
- Kevin de Bruyne insists retaining the Premier League title is difficult
- Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva suffers injury on international duty
- Manchester City’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Manchester City Transfer roundup: Kalidou Koulibaly pursuit, Jack Grealish interest
- Manchester City vs Tottenham – 20 April 2019 – Live Blog
- Should City offload Zinchenko?
- Mendy giving City a new dimension in attack
- Can Manchester City continue winning run against Arsenal?
- Why aren’t Man City making an official bid for Pjanic?