City have hit the headlines again with reports that Arsenal duo Clichy and Nasri are targets for the Blues. Clichy was widely reported to on the way to Liverpool in recent but Man City are now the front runners to seal the deal. This would indicate that Wanye Bridge or Kolarov could be on the way out of the club. Kolarov has made it clear he is in it for the long hall since his move from Lazio last summer. Where as Bridge was loaned out to relegated side West Ham. First off how do City fans feel on Clichy ? I’m not sure, for one I know he has a year or so on his contract and is currently the longest serving player at the club presently, but surly Arsene is not going to sell us another dud is he ?
Nasri, I was only talking to a United fan last Sunday (Thank Christ it was before my dinner) who assured me that Samir Nasri was going to no other club except Untied that the deal was all but announced. At this time I was thinking why the hell would Arsenal sell a player of that quality to Untied weakening themselves and strengthening Untied ? Now the papers are saying that City may have come into the race for the player. Question again, Why would Arsenal sell to City on the same grounds ? Turns out, from what I read on a manure site is Arsenal don’t see City as a threat and should they sell to United it would be unfair to football as a whole, Who could stop them then ?.
My opinion would be, Nasri has a year to run and Arsenal were pretty sure the young French star would be happy with the £58k a week rather than sell out and go for the £90k a week. How wrong they were now in a situation of not breaking the wage cap in place at Arsenal and losing face they will have to sell. Untied offer £15m so City are now interested so the price is now some where between £20m – £25m see where this is going !
Nasri is a fantastic football who would get a place in any starting 11 except maybe the Champions Barcelona but apart from that he is a class player and the type of player most City and United fans alike would love to see join their club .
Whats your view on the Transfer market to date and on the breaking Arsenal stories ?
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash
- Man City unlikely to replace Aguero this summer – Guardiola
- Do Manchester City need to sign a new striker?