Or put it another way, Tevez or Berbatov?
How SAF must be kicking himself about signing Berbatov then allowing Tevez to slip from his grasp. Following the Argentine’s summer move to Eastlands, Ferguson claimed Tevez wasn’t worth the £25m paid for him yet United paid over £30m for Berbatov.
Yet the goals ratio speaks for itself. In two seasons at United, Berbatov has scored a grand total of 26 goals in all competitions. Last season, he scored 14 in all competitions while this time around he is languishing on 12.
By comparison, Tevez has scored 28 in all competitions in his first season at Eastlands, two more than the Bulgarian has managed in two years! So if Carlos Tevez is not worth £25m, what is Berbatov worth?
Have you got anyone else not worth the money Fergie?
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season
- Pep Guardiola reacts to Sergio Aguero’s conduct involving match official against Arsenal
- Barcelona plotting January raid on Manchester City
- Manchester City could make a move for Lionel Messi in January