Ever since Adam Johnson Joined Manchester City from Middlesbrough he has been enhancing his reputation with each and every promising performance he has pulled out of the hat for City.
Johnson has often had to operate in the right midfield role during his time at City and has shown his natural ability with both feet making him a nightmare to defend against. ” A lot of world-class wingers play on the opposite side,” Johnson told the Daily Mail. “Robben and Messi, they go in towards goal rather than away.” This is what has made Johnson so deadly when operating on the right hand side as he can put the ball on a plate for the attackers with his crossing or he can turn inside and attempt to beat the goalkeeper with his powerful left foot.
Johnson moved to City in January on the dramatic transfer deadline day for a seemingly cheap £8 million pounds from Championship side, Middlesbrough. Johnson was highly regarded by Middlesbrough fans as he had shown a lot of promise during his time at the Teesiders. But once City came calling with their limitless transfer kitty, Johnson knew what he wanted to do, “Once I knew City had come in for me, my mind was set,” he said. I spoke to Gordon Strachan and told him my mind had gone and I wanted to go. He understood.”
Most City fans were full of optimism about their new signing especially as he had potential to become an England regular and they wasn’t disappointed when Johnson made his full City debut at home to Bolton Wanderers and in the process earned the man of the match award. Johnson recalled the change with the Daily Mail when he told them, “It feels like ages ago, from then to now,” said Johnson. “It’s been brilliant for me. I always believed I could do it but at Middlesbrough it was hard. “People thought I should be in the team but I had Stewart Downing in front of me. “Sometimes I thought I should have left earlier as I did not get a chance. I feel I am now making up for lost time.’
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement