Emmanuel Adebayor has been banned for a minumum of three games. What does this mean for the club and its ambition of a top four finish?
For starters, Mark Hughes decision this past closed season to loan out a number of potential reserves coupled with an injury crisis has left Craig Bellamy as the only potential striker for the Manchester Derby on Sunday. This means Hughes will need to field a 4-5-1 formation and hope Bellamy can play a full 90 minutes. Roque Santa Cruz and Benjani and both still out, while Robinho and Carlos Tevez are highly doubtful.
A worst case scenario could see the possible use of left footed Martin Petrov as an emergency striker off the bench.
Here is the possible lineup for City:
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?