Emmanuel Adebayor has been banned for a minumum of three games. What does this mean for the club and its ambition of a top four finish?
For starters, Mark Hughes decision this past closed season to loan out a number of potential reserves coupled with an injury crisis has left Craig Bellamy as the only potential striker for the Manchester Derby on Sunday. This means Hughes will need to field a 4-5-1 formation and hope Bellamy can play a full 90 minutes. Roque Santa Cruz and Benjani and both still out, while Robinho and Carlos Tevez are highly doubtful.
A worst case scenario could see the possible use of left footed Martin Petrov as an emergency striker off the bench.
Here is the possible lineup for City:
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups