Looking round at the usual drivel spouted out by the papers brought me to an interesting article by the Mail on Sunday. Yes, the same people that made the diagnosis of David Silva’s homesickness.
The Mail on Sunday claim City are interested in signing Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell. United are also in the hunt for the youngster as they look for a replacement for ageing ginger Paul Scholes.
TMOS claim that City will make Everton an offer that will put United’s £15m offer in the shade but any move for the 19 year old will no doubt really infuriate Everton boss David Moyes, who is still more than a little miffed at City’s pursuit of Joleon Lescott, whenever that was.
As usual, I don’t think there is anything more to this than speculation following another slow news day at The Mail on Sunday and I personally don’t think we need someone like Rodwell, other than to increase our quota of English players.
But I still think we should go for him for two reasons: beat United to another signing and secondly to hack Moyes off further.
Wonder what is match day notes would be the next time City met Everton? That’s if he’d stopped crying long enough to write them.
What do you think? If City did go for Rodwell, would he be a good addition or just an expensive flop? Is our midfield good enough?
Let us know your thoughts
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?