Premier league rivals Arsenal have asked Manchester City to be kept informed of defender John Stones’s future at the club.
According to a report by 90mins, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is a big fan of Stones and would like to explore any possibility of bringing Stones to Arsenal.
Arteta would like to have a center back who is calm and composed and can pass out from the back. John Stones fits Arteta’s description perfectly.
Stones’s surprising comeback to City’s starting lineup has taken everyone by shock. His impressive performances for all 4 of his games have managed to displace Aymeric Laporte from City’s defense.
City boss Pep Guardiola is also expressing a huge amount of confidence on the English International.
Though, Stones is still out of a contract next summer. There have been no talks of a renewal yet.
Arsenal were interested in Stones in the summer transfer window too and they may continue to keep tabs of him till his future at City is resolved.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville