Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is eyeing Manchester City defender Eric Garcia as a possible January addition to his squad.
According to the Sun, Arteta is a fan of the defender and thinks of him as a possible January signing.
Arteta is keeping a keen eye on Man City’s possible player situations. He is also interested in City’s John Stones as a possible recruit.
Arteta knows both of these player very well. He was City’s assistant manager for 3 years before taking over Arsenal.
If he wants one of these players, Eric Garcia is a more probable signing.
Eric Garcia has been wanting to get out of Manchester City for a whole year. The young Spaniard wants to leave City and return home to Barcelona. Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman is also keen on bringing Garcia home to the Camp Nou.
Though, Barca’s perilous financial situation make any signing a potential doubt.
Eric Garcia has refused to extend his City contract. He is out of a contract next summer. Barca, Arsenal and Real Madrid may wait till the summer to get him on a free transfer.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville