Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte has named the toughest opponent he has faced as a defender.
The French international named Barcelona star Lionel Messi as his best opponent.
Laporte faced the Argentine superstar during his time at Athletic Bilbao and it seems that Messi managed to make quite an impression on him.
Lionel Messi is arguably the best player of his generation and it is hardly surprising that top class defenders like Laporte found it difficult to play against him.
The Barcelona star has put on some splendid displays against Bilbao in the past and Laporte has seen up close what damage the Argentine can do on his day.
The 26 year old defender joined Manchester City for a fee of £57 million and he has proven to be a brilliant acquisition for the Premier League side so far.
It would be fair to say that the Manchester City defender has managed to adapt to the Premier League with ease and he has hardly struggled against any of the Premier League attackers so far.
However, the Frenchman has had his fair share of injury problems since his move to England and Manchester City will be hoping that he can stay fit and helped them win the Premier League title once again this year.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot