Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte has named the toughest opponent he has faced as a defender.
The French international named Barcelona star Lionel Messi as his best opponent.
Laporte faced the Argentine superstar during his time at Athletic Bilbao and it seems that Messi managed to make quite an impression on him.
Lionel Messi is arguably the best player of his generation and it is hardly surprising that top class defenders like Laporte found it difficult to play against him.
The Barcelona star has put on some splendid displays against Bilbao in the past and Laporte has seen up close what damage the Argentine can do on his day.
The 26 year old defender joined Manchester City for a fee of £57 million and he has proven to be a brilliant acquisition for the Premier League side so far.
It would be fair to say that the Manchester City defender has managed to adapt to the Premier League with ease and he has hardly struggled against any of the Premier League attackers so far.
However, the Frenchman has had his fair share of injury problems since his move to England and Manchester City will be hoping that he can stay fit and helped them win the Premier League title once again this year.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement