City’s expensive waste of time Robinho is now a target for Besiktas and apparently the Brazilian is open to the move.
It was rumoured that the British record signing from Real Madrid was interested in a move to Barcelona and could have been used as bait to get Yaya Toure or Zlatan Imbrahimovich to Eastlands.
But it appears Robinho would be open to moving to the Turkish club because of former Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster, who was Robinho’s manager at Real Madrid and is now in charge of Besiktas.
“If Schuster is there, I could go too,” said Robinho, who is currently on world Cup duty with Brazil.
Robinho became an instant hero when he signed for then manager Mark Hughes and was the first big money transfer of the ADUG regime. But his status amongst City fans has fallen so much that most blues fans couldn’t care less where he ends up as long as he goes.
Don’t suppose we could interest in Jo as well? Buy one get one free?
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayern Munich vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups