Barcelona are trying to sign Eric Garcia from Manchester City before the transfer window closes.
The young defender wants to move to the Spanish club and it will be interesting to see if the two clubs can iron out an agreement soon.
Manager Ronald Koeman has now confirmed Barcelona’s interest in the talented young centre back as well.
He said: “It’s true we want Eric Garcia here. I’ve seen Pep’s comments and that’s how it is. I hope we get it done but we know the situation is tough financially. There’s interest, but don’t know if we will get it over the line.”
Manchester City have signed Ruben Dias from Benfica earlier this week and Garcia has fallen further down the pecking order at Etihad.
Although Manchester City would ideally like to hold on to a talent like Garcia, he needs to play regularly and convincing him to stay will be impossible for them.
Laporte, Dias, Ake and Stones are all ahead of him in the pecking order.
It remains to be seen how Garcia develops in the next few years if he gets his wish to join Barcelona. He could be the ideal long-term alternative to Pique at the Spanish club.
The Manchester City youngster is a prodigious talent who has immense potential and Barcelona will have to do their best to help him develop if he joins the club this summer.
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring