Barcelona are trying to sign Eric Garcia from Manchester City before the transfer window closes.
The young defender wants to move to the Spanish club and it will be interesting to see if the two clubs can iron out an agreement soon.
Manager Ronald Koeman has now confirmed Barcelona’s interest in the talented young centre back as well.
He said: “It’s true we want Eric Garcia here. I’ve seen Pep’s comments and that’s how it is. I hope we get it done but we know the situation is tough financially. There’s interest, but don’t know if we will get it over the line.”
Manchester City have signed Ruben Dias from Benfica earlier this week and Garcia has fallen further down the pecking order at Etihad.
Although Manchester City would ideally like to hold on to a talent like Garcia, he needs to play regularly and convincing him to stay will be impossible for them.
Laporte, Dias, Ake and Stones are all ahead of him in the pecking order.
It remains to be seen how Garcia develops in the next few years if he gets his wish to join Barcelona. He could be the ideal long-term alternative to Pique at the Spanish club.
The Manchester City youngster is a prodigious talent who has immense potential and Barcelona will have to do their best to help him develop if he joins the club this summer.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups