City midfielder Gareth Barry will see a specialist over his ankle injury.
Barry went off in the second half of City’s 1-0 defeat at home to Spurs on Wednesday and at first the club suspected it was just a sprain. However, Barry will see the specialist later today to determine the full extent of the injury.
The former Villa man, who was City’s first signing last summer, has been ruled out of Sunday’s final game of the season at West Ham and will be hoping to be included in Fabio Capello’s provisional 30 man World Cup squad, which will be announced on Tuesday.
Barry has made 36 appearances for the national side and will be desperate to be amongst the England stars selected to travel to South Africa when Capello whittles down the provisional squad to 23 following the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?