City midfielder Gareth Barry will see a specialist over his ankle injury.
Barry went off in the second half of City’s 1-0 defeat at home to Spurs on Wednesday and at first the club suspected it was just a sprain. However, Barry will see the specialist later today to determine the full extent of the injury.
The former Villa man, who was City’s first signing last summer, has been ruled out of Sunday’s final game of the season at West Ham and will be hoping to be included in Fabio Capello’s provisional 30 man World Cup squad, which will be announced on Tuesday.
Barry has made 36 appearances for the national side and will be desperate to be amongst the England stars selected to travel to South Africa when Capello whittles down the provisional squad to 23 following the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring