City midfielder Gareth Barry will see a specialist over his ankle injury.
Barry went off in the second half of City’s 1-0 defeat at home to Spurs on Wednesday and at first the club suspected it was just a sprain. However, Barry will see the specialist later today to determine the full extent of the injury.
The former Villa man, who was City’s first signing last summer, has been ruled out of Sunday’s final game of the season at West Ham and will be hoping to be included in Fabio Capello’s provisional 30 man World Cup squad, which will be announced on Tuesday.
Barry has made 36 appearances for the national side and will be desperate to be amongst the England stars selected to travel to South Africa when Capello whittles down the provisional squad to 23 following the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund