Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain gave his reaction to City’s draw in the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League.
Speaking about the draw, he said: “You have to highlight the coach at the head of it, Marco Rose. He is one of the top coaches and is loved by a lot of clubs in Europe.”
“Marcus Thuram, Denis Zakaria now is back, Ramy Bensebaini, Yann Sommer the goalkeeper – they have a good squad.”
Manchester City are drawn to face German side Borussia Monchengladbach in the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions league.
City have sailed through the group stages of the competition. We won 5 out of the 6 games and were unbeaten. City’s haul of 16 points is the joint high of any English club in the competition.
Borussia Monchengladbach got through a tough group which featured Real Madrid. Despite losing to Madrid in the final game, they finished second in the group.
Man City will have to be on the guard against a tough opponent.
City will also get a closer look at their potential transfer target Denis Zakaria. The Swiss international is being chased as a potential replacement for out of contract club captain Fernandinho.
City will have to banish the ghosts of their previous experiences in the competition if they want to have a chance of seriously challenging for the elusive trophy.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups