Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain gave his reaction to City’s draw in the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League.
Speaking about the draw, he said: “You have to highlight the coach at the head of it, Marco Rose. He is one of the top coaches and is loved by a lot of clubs in Europe.”
“Marcus Thuram, Denis Zakaria now is back, Ramy Bensebaini, Yann Sommer the goalkeeper – they have a good squad.”
Manchester City are drawn to face German side Borussia Monchengladbach in the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions league.
City have sailed through the group stages of the competition. We won 5 out of the 6 games and were unbeaten. City’s haul of 16 points is the joint high of any English club in the competition.
Borussia Monchengladbach got through a tough group which featured Real Madrid. Despite losing to Madrid in the final game, they finished second in the group.
Man City will have to be on the guard against a tough opponent.
City will also get a closer look at their potential transfer target Denis Zakaria. The Swiss international is being chased as a potential replacement for out of contract club captain Fernandinho.
City will have to banish the ghosts of their previous experiences in the competition if they want to have a chance of seriously challenging for the elusive trophy.
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups