City striker Craig Bellamy could be on his way to Spurs in a £6m deal, according to the Daily Mail.
The Welsh striker, who joined the blues from West Ham in January 2009, has been a major player in City’s push for a Champions League place but has been rumoured to have had a series of bust-ups with the City hierarchy.
Bellamy’s future has been in doubt since one bust-up allegedly ended with Mancini banning the striker from the club for three months and the striker himself will have done himself no favours after he enthusiastically congratulated Spurs manager Harry Redknapp after the Londoners qualified for the Champions League qualifiers with a win at Eastlands.
City manager Roberto Mancini may be more than ready to part with Bellamy, Micah Richards, Stephen Ireland and Shaun Wright-Phillips as he seeks to build a team capable of mounting a serious challenge on the top four and Europe next season.
What do you think? Is Bellamy a liability or should Mancini hold onto him?
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?