The fallout between City and Craig Bellamy will temporarily end today as the Welsh striker is set to sign for Cardiff on loan.
Bellers has been omitted from City’s 25 man squad for the new Premiership season and has been linked to Spurs, Fulham and Celtic but Championship side Cardiff look to have beaten them all to Belles signature.
The striker has been unhappy at City since former boss Mark Hughes was sacked in December and replaced by Roberto Mancini. Since then, Bellamy has had a series of bust-ups with the manager and Brian Marwood which have resulted in fines and more recently, Bellers apparent expulsion from the City training ground.
Bellamy was one of City’s best players last season but is has been clear for some time that the striker doesn’t feature in Mancini’s future plans for the blues. Prior to his omission from the squad, Bellamy threatened to quit football altogether but now his home tow club have give him the opportunity to thrive again, despite Spurs boss Harry Redknapp’s efforts to tempt him to White Hart Lane.
Maybe this will be a good move for Bellers. With him moving out of the Premiership limelight, it could be the perfect opportunity to show the blues exactly what they are missing.
What do you think? Have the blues made a mistake in allowing Bellers to leave? Will Balotelli be any better? Let us know your thoughts
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?