Manchester City are not worried about AC Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer’s release clause.
According to Sport Witness, Ismael Bennacer’s release clause is not a problem for both Man City and PSG.
Manchester City were interested in signing Ismael Bennacer in the summer transfer window.
Manager Pep Guardiola is really impressed by the Algerian midfielder. Reports suggest that Guardiola has already spoken to the midfielder’s entourage in the last transfer window. He is the driving force behind a potential move for the player.
Luckily for City, Ismael Bennacer has a release clause worth €50 million. Though, the clause can only be activated by teams not from Italy. Also, the whole release clause has to be paid in one go and not in instalments. The clause becomes active next summer.
AC Milan are reluctant to let Bennacer leave the team. The Algerian has been an integral part of Milan’s resurgence under Stefano Pioli. The Rossoneri are currently 1st in the Serie A.
Man City may look at Bennacer as a replacement for club captain Fernandinho. The Brazilian is in the last year of his contract and City would like to have another option besides Rodri.
As things stand, A move for Bennacer is nearly impossible. It wouldn’t be surprising if the thought of playing abroad changed his mind.
- Match Review: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion