City go into the 13th Premiership meeting at home to Everton with a slight win advantage over the Merseysiders.
From the previous twelve meetings, City have won seven to Everton’s five at home but have scored ten more goals that the Toffees, 24 to Everton’s 14.
The majority of meetings between the two came in the old first division, when a total of 64 games were played with City winning 35 to Everton’s twelve. In total, City have won 42 from the 76 league games played at City, while Everton have just 17 wins. Goal wise, the blues have scored 110 times, whereas Everton have breached the City defence on just 60 occasions.
In all competitions, City have 52 wins from 94 games while Everton have just 22. 14 of those games were played during the war years.
The two teams first met at Hyde Road in December 1899 and ended in a 2-1 win for the visitors. City’s first win against Everton was 1-0 at Hyde Road in October 1900, and our last home win was on New Year’s Day in 2007 when a brace by Georgios Samaras won the points for City in a 2-1 win.
City’s home record against Everton
|First Division (Old)||64||35||17||12||110||60|
|Second Division (Old)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|First Division (New)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Second Division (New)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Rather Meaningless Facts
City and Everton have never played out a draw in the Premiership at City.
City’s biggest win over the Toffees came in December 1942 when the blues triumphed 7-1.
But the blues heaviest defeat at home was more recent as they were beaten 5-2 in May 1993 in the final game of the Premiership’s inaugural season.
City’s highest home attendance was for an FA Cup tie in 1956 when 76,129 witnessed the blues progress with a 2-1 win.
In comparison, only 2,500 saw Everton win 4-3 at Maine Road in 1942
City and Everton have never met in the league outside the top flight.
Stats courtesy of www.mcfcstats.com
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan