City fans will be keeping one eye on Sunday’s Premier League clash at Anfield where Liverpool take on Sunderland.
With City’s game against Wigan not taking place until Monday, Liverpool have an opportunity to move back into fifth place in the league ahead of the blues, who will be hoping the Wearsiders will spring a surprise on Merseyside.
Although City have eight games to catch Spurs up in fourth, fifth place might be the best they can achieve this season after the London side went five points ahead of City with a 2-0 win over Portsmouth at White Hart Lane on Saturday.
Aston Villa had an opportunity to overtake the blues but were thumped 7-1 at Chelsea with Frank Lampard scoring four of the goals.
This season’s Premiership has been the most open in recent years and will probably spring a few more surprises before the season’s out.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?