City fans will be keeping one eye on Sunday’s Premier League clash at Anfield where Liverpool take on Sunderland.
With City’s game against Wigan not taking place until Monday, Liverpool have an opportunity to move back into fifth place in the league ahead of the blues, who will be hoping the Wearsiders will spring a surprise on Merseyside.
Although City have eight games to catch Spurs up in fourth, fifth place might be the best they can achieve this season after the London side went five points ahead of City with a 2-0 win over Portsmouth at White Hart Lane on Saturday.
Aston Villa had an opportunity to overtake the blues but were thumped 7-1 at Chelsea with Frank Lampard scoring four of the goals.
This season’s Premiership has been the most open in recent years and will probably spring a few more surprises before the season’s out.
- Sergio Aguero would be willing to apologise to Sian Massey-Ellis
- Angelino opens up on his struggles at Manchester City
- One for the Future – Man City on the verge of signing highly rated Serbian winger
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season