News coming in this afternoon claims McDonald Mariga’s move from Parma to City has fallen through.
The Kenyan had been set to complete a £7m move from the Italian side to Eastlands but has failed to be granted a work permit.
If confirmed, it will be a bitter blow for Roberto Mancini, who also failed last week in a bid to sign midfielder Fernando Gaga from Real Madrid and his attempts to sign Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnson looked doomed after Boro rejected City’s latest offer for the youngster.
It had been rumoured that Mariga was already in Manchester to finalise the move but if that is true, it is now looking like a wasted journey.
More when we get it.
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Man City in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup