Wayne Bridge could be in contention for a place in the starting line up at Hull after recovering from injury.
The left back damaged his knee during the 2-1 win over former club Chelsea in December and will be eager to return to the first team.
Centre back Joleon Lescott may also be in line for a return after he recovered from a similar injury sustained at Bolton a week later, giving manager Roberto Mancini a double boost ahead of Saturday’s game.
Should he return, Bridge will be the focus of attention following the media attention surrounding former team-mate John Terry’s affair with Bridge’s former girlfriend. Last week against Portsmouth, several City players displayed t-shirts displaying the words ‘Team Bridge’ in support of the full back.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?