Manchester City are about to receive a significant boost due to Burnley’s injury problems before their Premier League game.
The Clarets could be without four key players.
Burnley suffered a big injury trouble last game when goalkeeper Nick Pope was hit on the face during their match against Crystal Palace. Manager Sean Dyche confirmed that Pope is unlikely to play.
If he misses, backup goalkeeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell will make his Premier league debut against Man City.
Also out of contention for this fixture are Robbie Brady, Jack Cork and Dale Stephens.
Pep Guardiola will have a nearly full squad to choose from in a long time. The only doubt for this fixture is center-back Nathan Ake who is expected to return by next week.
Manchester City will be hoping to avenge their defeat against Tottenham and finally kickstart their season when they face Burnley in the Etihad on Saturday.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez