No, Fabio Capello hasn’t been eyeing Gareth Barry in the showers, but has declared the City midfield man fit enough for Saturday’s World Cup opener against USA.
“He’s been training normally for three days,” says the Italian before confirming that Barry will at least be on the bench for the game and may play some part in the match.
Barry was one of Capello’s key players during the qualifying rounds and the injury sustained during the Spurs game threw the possibility of his participation at the tournament in doubt.
But now Barry has made an amazing recovery, justifying Capello’s decision to take him to South Africa.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?