City skipper Kolo Toure has urged Emmanuel Adebayor to stay calm during Saturday’s game at the Emirates.
Tensions ran high during the league encounter earlier in the season when Ade scored City’s third before running the length of the field to celebrate in front of the visiting Arsenal supporters who had taunted him throughout the game.
The City striker was fined £25,000 and received a suspended 2 match suspension for the incident which was also marred by Ade’s stamp on former team-mate Robin van Persie, which earned the Togolese striker an immediate three match ban.
Toure himself will also return to the Emirates for the first time since his transfer last summer and expects a hostile reception from the home supporters for himself as well as Adebayor, but has urged the striker not to allow himself to be provoked into a reaction.
“I have had a word with him and so to as Patrick (Vieira),” admits Toure. “Maybe it will be really tough for Ade because of everything that happened at the first game. The last game was really difficult for him. He needs to be calm and not do anything because we all know that what he did was not the best reaction.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups