Joe Hart kept another clean sheet and Adam Johnson scored his first international goal as England got recorded a 4-0 win over Bulgaria.
Gareth Barry and James Milner also in good form as the Three Lions cruised to victory over Martin Petrov’s national side. Former City striker Valeri Bojinov also featured for the visitors.
Jermain Defoe gave England a first half lead, which was preserved when Hart saved from a fierce Stanislav Angelov shot. Moments later, Defoe doubled England’s lead before Hart was called into action again, saving brilliantly to deny Dimitar Rangelov after the striker replaced Bojinov.
Defoe and Wayne Rooney combined to set up Adam Johnson for England’s third goal, moments after sending a shot wide of the far post before Defoe completed his hat-trick for England’s fourth.
Elsewhere in Euro 2012 qualifiers, David Silva scored for Spain as they beat Liechtenstein 4-0 while the funniest result of the night came from France, who were beaten 1-0 at home to Belarus. How the mighty have fallen eh?
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups