Manchester City are growing doubtful of the capabilities of striker Gabriel Jesus.
The club are growing concerned of the Brazilian’s ability to lead the line if City legend Sergio Aguero departs.
This is supported by an exclusive report by 90mins.
Gabriel Jesus arrived at City with much promise. He was brought at the club to compete with Aguero. But, the Brazilian is yet to display the consistency required to make the spot his own.
In the time Aguero has been out of the team for long intervals of time due to various injuries, Gabriel Jesus has failed to impress.
According to the report, the door remains open for Jesus to depart the club. The officials at City are keeping an eye on the future and may look to the market for a new striker to lead the line.
They may sell Jesus in 2021 to fund a replacement. Jesus has been linked away from the club in the past. Italian champions Juventus were interested in him.
Current players said to be on City’ shortlist are said to be Erling Haaland and Patson Daka.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits