Manchester City are getting ready to welcome back fans at the Etihad.
According to Sam Lee of the Athletic, City are preparing to welcome fans back to the Etihad Stadium on Boxing Day. As long as the government ease COVID restrictions on December 16.
There is hope that Greater Manchester will be placed in Tier 2, which would allow 2,000 supporters back.
City are prepared to test a contactless e-ticketing system ahead of the upcoming matches against Marseille and West Brom by supplying QR codes to match-day staff. Plans are to seat fans in the lower tier: most in the east stand, others in south/north stands.
City have been playing without fans at home from the return of football after the Coronavirus Pandemic.
After 6-7 months without fans, The British government has agreed to let a small number of fans enter the stadiums in less infected areas with certain conditions.
This was the first matchday weekend when Premier League teams were allowed to seat fans.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville