Manchester City may look to bind Aguero with a short term renewal deal.
According to ESPN’s transfer window, Manchester City are hopeful of agreeing a short term contract renewal with Sergio Aguero.
This short term deal may be similar to the deal which will be offered to manager Pep Guardiola when his contract is dwindling down.
City may offer Sergio Aguero a 1 year deal to keep their options open.
A 1 year deal will allow the club to openly plan for the future while monitoring Aguero’s performance on an yearly basis.
Sergio Aguero is out of contract next summer. The Argentine legend has spent 9 glorious year in Manchester, becoming the club’s all time top scorer and winning a bucket load of trophies/medals.
Though, his recent injury record is definitely something to worry about. Aguero has been on the sidelines for a long time. He missed out on the crucial juncture of City’s fixture list in the latter part of the season which also featured the Uefa UCL quarter finals.
City are quietly planning on Aguero’s successor at City. Names such as Erling Haaland, Latauro Martinez, Darwin Nunez have been mentioned.
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Man City in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season