Manchester City may look to bind Aguero with a short term renewal deal.
According to ESPN’s transfer window, Manchester City are hopeful of agreeing a short term contract renewal with Sergio Aguero.
This short term deal may be similar to the deal which will be offered to manager Pep Guardiola when his contract is dwindling down.
City may offer Sergio Aguero a 1 year deal to keep their options open.
A 1 year deal will allow the club to openly plan for the future while monitoring Aguero’s performance on an yearly basis.
Sergio Aguero is out of contract next summer. The Argentine legend has spent 9 glorious year in Manchester, becoming the club’s all time top scorer and winning a bucket load of trophies/medals.
Though, his recent injury record is definitely something to worry about. Aguero has been on the sidelines for a long time. He missed out on the crucial juncture of City’s fixture list in the latter part of the season which also featured the Uefa UCL quarter finals.
City are quietly planning on Aguero’s successor at City. Names such as Erling Haaland, Latauro Martinez, Darwin Nunez have been mentioned.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville