Manchester City have identified Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland as their replacement for star striker Sergio Aguero.
According to German journalist Christian Falk, City want Haaland to replace Aguero at the club.
He also goes on to state that Dortmund are not willing to sell in the summer unless a significant offer comes in.
City are moving to close the door on Aguero’s career at Man City. The Argentine has been a big part of the club’s post takeover history. He is also out of a contract next summer.
The decision not to approach Aguero to start talks over a contract extension have already signified their intent.
Aguero has been slowly deteriorating in the past few years. Injuries and age are taking the toll on the happy warrior. His absence is costing the club a great deal.
The decision to make a move for Haaland would certainly please the fans. Haaland has been one of football’s best strikers in the past two years. His performances for Dortmund domestically and in Europe would provide City with a preview of what could happen.
City would have to break the bank if they want to complete this deal. They would certainly have to exceed the club record transfer of Ruben Dias this summer.
Given his past links to the club due to his father Alfie, it feels as if Haaland is coming home.
- Match Review: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion