Manchester City are increasing confidently that Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi still wants a move to the Etihad.
According to the Sun, Messi’s position has still not changed from August when he tried to force his way out of the club.
Messi is still of the view that nothing is going to change with a new President in FC Barcelona. None of the current presidential candidates have done anything to change his position regarding a new contract.
A recent statement by Barcelona’s interim president Carles Tusquets has not done anything to help matters either. Tusquets said he would have sold Messi in the summer for the better of the club.
Barcelona’s financial difficulties would also make it hard for the club to afford Messi’s wages with a new contract extension.
Manchester City are confident of being in contention for Messi’s signature. They are confident that Guardiola’s extension has put them in a stronger position.
Lionel Messi would be available on a free transfer next summer. Though, Manchester City could test Barca’s resolve with an offer in January.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend