City manager Roberto Mancini has told the media that City are 99% certain of signing the talented left back Aleksander Kolarov from Lazio as well as being an attacking left back who can also play left midfield He is also a free kick specialist with fantastic power and accuracy.
“I first saw Kolarov in his Lazio debut back in 2007,” Mancini told the club’s official website.”He was composed on the ball had an excellent delivery with his left foot and was technically very able.
“I have watched him a lot since then and so have the Manchester City scouts. His attacking capability is very good. He is fast and can shoot with power and accuracy.
“He also has the ability to play in numerous positions and is very good in midfield. This is an additional benefit to the team. He has a fantastic international career ahead of him. I am looking forward to working with him.”
However, Mancini is adamant that Kolarov’s arrival will not spell the end of Wayne Bridge’s career at Manchester City. The Italian said after a 2-0 defeat to Sporting Lisbon in New York: “I want two top class players for each position.”
As Mancini has said top top class players for each position a clear indication of intent to go and win the premiership instead of hoping of a top four finish last season had highs and lows for City but that aside it was one of the best seasons for competition in the league since it started I’m hoping that this season will be even better again with City ,Spurs ,Aston Villa, and Everton now all closing down the usual top four it stand to become a better league as a whole.
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season
- Pep Guardiola reacts to Sergio Aguero’s conduct involving match official against Arsenal
- Barcelona plotting January raid on Manchester City
- Manchester City could make a move for Lionel Messi in January
- Match Preview : Man City vs Arsenal
- Manchester City facing injury crisis ahead of Arsenal clash
- Inter Milan will look to sign Sergio Aguero next summer
- Kevin De Bruyne closing in £300k-a-week extension at Manchester City