Manchester City are thinking about making a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Raul Jimenez.
They are thinking of Jimenez as the successor to club legend Sergio Aguero.
Those at City are not sure of Aguero’s future at the club. The Argentine’s contract ends after this season. There have been no formal talks but there is a strong inclination of his wish to bid goodbye.
If that happens, The chosen one to replace him maybe Raúl Jiménez.
According to Don Balon, The Mexican has a very good relationship with City manager Pep Guardiola. There have yet been no formal talks. The inevitable discussions are said to be happening in a relaxed manner. We may hear more of this in the coming months.
Raul Jimenez has been a very integral part of Wolves’s success in the Premier League. His goals and influence within the side has helped them fight among England’s elite on an equal footing.
The striker attracted a lot of attention in the summer. European powerhouses such as Juventus, Manchester United and Real Madrid were vying for his signature. Though his price tag of €70 million was hard to meet in a COVID affected transfer market.
Manchester City are making a shortlist in case Aguero leaves. Top strikers such as Erling Haaland, Kylian Mbappe and Latauro Martinez are said to be on it. Raul Jimenez had not featured on any rumors till now.
Manchester City could launch a bid for Raul Jimenez next summer worth around €50 million (£45m/$59m).
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend