Manchester City are thinking about making a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Raul Jimenez.
They are thinking of Jimenez as the successor to club legend Sergio Aguero.
Those at City are not sure of Aguero’s future at the club. The Argentine’s contract ends after this season. There have been no formal talks but there is a strong inclination of his wish to bid goodbye.
If that happens, The chosen one to replace him maybe Raúl Jiménez.
According to Don Balon, The Mexican has a very good relationship with City manager Pep Guardiola. There have yet been no formal talks. The inevitable discussions are said to be happening in a relaxed manner. We may hear more of this in the coming months.
Raul Jimenez has been a very integral part of Wolves’s success in the Premier League. His goals and influence within the side has helped them fight among England’s elite on an equal footing.
The striker attracted a lot of attention in the summer. European powerhouses such as Juventus, Manchester United and Real Madrid were vying for his signature. Though his price tag of €70 million was hard to meet in a COVID affected transfer market.
Manchester City are making a shortlist in case Aguero leaves. Top strikers such as Erling Haaland, Kylian Mbappe and Latauro Martinez are said to be on it. Raul Jimenez had not featured on any rumors till now.
Manchester City could launch a bid for Raul Jimenez next summer worth around €50 million (£45m/$59m).
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan