City news for today 28/07/10
Alex Gibson has left the club after 12 years
“It was a very difficult decision to make,” he said. “Before I came to City I was with the FA, working with the national teams, and that was a tough role to walk away from, too.
“But it proved to be a great move to City. I’ve have 12 fantastic years here during which the coaching team enjoyed great success at the Academy, and long may that continue.”
Alex latterly took on an international brief and his last assignment was in New York as the Blues established a bond with the youngsters of Spanish Harlem and elsewhere.
He said: “I’m leaving for purely personal reasons. The Club have been fantastic with me, but I just feel it’s time now to change and seek a final career challenge before I retire.
“I’ll always cherish our FA Youth Cup win in 2008 against Chelsea – that will stay with me forever. I’ll miss working with the lads, but I hope to call in from time to time.”
We all wish Alex the best for the future
Striker Jo has been linked with a move to Blackburn and Roque Santa Cruz has been linked with Marseille and Stoke which would prove to be a good move Stoke mainly kick, and throw the ball up and hope. There are some less creditable stories floating about with Craig Bellamy been offered to sweeten the Milner deal and Ireland to move well anywhere.
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season
- Pep Guardiola reacts to Sergio Aguero’s conduct involving match official against Arsenal
- Barcelona plotting January raid on Manchester City
- Manchester City could make a move for Lionel Messi in January