Manchester City are leading the way for the signature of Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar.
According to the Sun, Betfair have priced Manchester City as 3/1 favorites to secure Aouar’s signature.
Whereas, previous leaders Arsenal are valued at 4/1. Also in the contention are footballing giants Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea.
Houssem Aouar was the talk of the town this summer. His performances during Lyon’s underdog run to the Uefa UCL semifinals was appreciated by the whole footballing world.
Lyon were resigned to losing him this summer. Though, no concrete offer came.
Manchester City have been interested in Aouar for a long time. City have had a close and personal look at him. Aouar was present when Lyon stunned Man City in the UCL quarter finals last season. City have also faced him in the group stages.
Man City manager Pep Guardiola is a big fan of the midfielder. Lyon’s sporting director Juninho also confirmed Pep’s interest.
Houssem Aouar is valued at €50 million by Transfermarket.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez